2013 Recap and Our Hopes for the New Year
As we kiss 2013 goodbye, we take a few moments to reflect on our favorite moments from the past year and our goals for the upcoming year. We wanted to share this with you as we will continue to track our bucket list over the next twelve months, crossing things off as we go. We hope to inspire you, and challenge you, to make your own bucket list – add something crazy to it – and check each item off before the clock strikes midnight on January 1, 2015!
Let’s start with the Best Moments from 2013. We strongly encourage you to add these to your own bucket list!
1. Crossing the Bixby Bridge in Big Sur, California
2. Drinking a beer in the creek at Big Sur River Inn in California
3. Eating clam chowder and watching the sea lions play in Monterey, California
4. Skiing (or attempting to ski) with great friends on the slopes of Cataloochee Ski Resort in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
5. Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California
We had a remarkable 2013 and are so grateful for every minute of it! That being said, we are looking forward to many more travels and adventures in the upcoming year. So here we go….
Our Bucket List for 2014:
- Acquire 8 new stamps on our passports (if not more!)
- Drive our Honda Forza from Chiang Mai to Singapore
- Make a point to try at least two new restaurants per week
- Convince our parents to visit us abroad
- Take a photography class
- Take an overnight boat tour of Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Take a Thai cooking class
- Go elephant trekking in Thailand
- Have a sunset cocktail at the Rock Bar in Bali
- See the Symphony of Lights show in Hong Kong
- Visit Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Reach 1,000 Facebook “likes” on Trading Traveler (help us out!)
- Get in shape! We signed up for 6 months at the gym and we have a little bet going on regarding where we will spend Christmas next year. We will keep ya posted 😉
Have you already checked any of these items off your bucket list? Tell us how it was and let us know what you will be putting on your list for this year!
Wishing you a happy and prosperous Twenty14 full of many travels!